Thursday, March 14, 2013

February


February was a rough month. I don't even know what else to say...we have been through a lot and continue to have some tough days but knowing our parents are together again somehow puts "happy" thoughts into my head. My Dad was an AMAZING man. He was SO supportive, worked SO hard and loved us girls more than anything. He really was...just truly wonderful. I had gone up to Iowa and come back on February 5th. I kept going back and forth with when I was going to return (knowing it was SO hard traveling with the kids, taking them from their routine, etc). I just decided on Saturday, February 16th at 1:30pm I needed to be there with my sister and Dad. Ryan booked me a flight at 1:30, I flew out at 3:30 and got to the hospital at 6pm. My sweet Dad passed away at 8:15 that evening. It was meant to be...he was waiting. I am very glad I made that decision that day. This is how I am going to forever remember my Mom & Dad
 
Photos from our trip to Iowa...
 Sweet Kelsey, just like a sister to us, was with Kirby EVERY evening at the hospital visiting my Dad being her support. WE LOVE HER TO PIECES!
 family pic attempt #1000 before the visitation...
 my beautiful, amazing, sweet sister whom is the BEST friend & sister I could ever ask for!

 

 
 and then it SNOWED and Case loved it! He was out for over 2 hours and I could NOT get him to come in :)

 We are SO very lucky to have each other. My amazing husband has been SO helpful through all of this and is my ROCK. He is the most understanding, patient and SUPER husband/Dad in the WORLD! oh and BTW, he drove up that Sunday after ALL by himself with BOTH kids. He deserves Dad of the Year award!!!




1 comment:

  1. Haley, I am so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. Thinking of you and your family. Darcey

    ReplyDelete